– every Thursday at 5 am UTC or 5 pm UTC* –
*we play the same set of cards at both hours
check your timezone: WorldTimeBuddy
This is an open intercultural workshop series and everyone is welcome!
Intercultural workshop series attended by participants from all over the world. We play diversophy® games, explore specific cultures and topics, share our diverse experiences and cultural perceptions, and learn from each other – without judgment, with respect for everyone. The aim is to encourage mutual discovery and discussion, to know and understand each other better, and to get enriched by what we discover.
This workshop series does not claim to be exhaustive or to promote a single truth about a given social group or specific culture. Within the same countries there are differences from one region or social group to another, and from generation to generation. It is up to you to explore further.
The incoming culture / topic
25 November 2021: Turkey by Lale Gursel (part 3 of 3)
Merhaba! Hello! Once a vast empire straddling Europe, Asia and Africa, modern Turkey emerged as the whole avowedly secular Islamic state less than a century ago. Urban opulence, agrarian challenges, industrial accomplishments, arts, folk are all marks of Turkish energy today. Do you know your Turkish neighbors in Ankara or in Berlin or Rotterdam? This game provides a quick test to extend your understanding and pique your curiosity about this extraordinary nation and its people.
Feedback from participants
- I was immediately captivated by this game, since my 1st session, not only because the cards were so beautifully designed that they inspired you to share, even if you had minimal experience and knowledge. But most importantly, I was fascinated by all these different (diverse) opinions and views and people, mixed together, sharing together, coming together. Vicky Margari
- It is indeed a great way to create a safe space for exchange and getting to know each other and learning more about oneself. It was a nice way to have everyone open up and share. Nandita Rothermund-Bucher
- I had my first diversophy® Zoom call last Thursday and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I’ve been looking at the games and am so impressed! I look forward to exploring this brilliant concept and way you have brought it to life in such a fun way!! Alannah Sinclaire
- This is an innovative way of learning and developing social skills. Besides, I want to highlight that diversophy® could help to understand we are all global citizens and, therefore, to build respect and tolerance among all of us to make the world a better and peaceful place. I like that the games go deeper into the cultures, it does not stay on the superficial part about a culture. This is the best way to really get familiar with cultural values and behaviors. The game is a good way to practice English for non-native speakers. María Camila Vergara Salgado
- Thank you so very much! These thoughtful games and the warm, international community make my life more interesting and enjoyable! Rima Litke
Have you participated? We would love to hear YOUR FEEDBACK!